National Company Law Tribunal (Amendment) Rules, 2020
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 3rd February, 2020
G.S.R. 80(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and sub-section (2) of section
469 read with section 230 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the
following rules further to amend the National Company Law Tribunal Rules, 2016, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.‐(1) These rules may be called the National Company Law Tribunal
(Amendment) Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the National Company Law Tribunal Rules, 2016 (hereinafter referred to as the principal rules), after rule
80, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“80A. Application under section 230. – An application under sub-section (12) of section 230 may be
made in Form NCLT-1 and shall be accompanied with such documents as are mentioned in
3. In the principal rules, in the SCHEDULE OF FEES, after S.No.22 and the entries relating thereto, the
following shall be inserted, namely:-
“22A. Sec 230(12) Application in cases of takeover offer of companies which
are not listed.
भाग II खण् ड (i) भारत का रािपत्र : ऄसाधारण 3
4. In the principal rules, in Annexure-A, under the heading Form No. NCLT.1, after the figure ’80’, the figure
and letter “80A” shall be inserted.
5. In the principal rules, in Annexure-B, after S.No.12 and the entries relating thereto, the following S.No. shall
be inserted, namely:-
“12A. Sec 230(12) Application in cases of takeover offer of
companies which are not listed.
1.Affidavit verifying the
2. Memorandum of
appearance with copy of the
Board’s Resolution or the
executed vakalatnama, as
the case may be.
3. Documents in support of
the grievance against the
4. Any other relevant
[F. No. 1/30/2013 -CL.V]
K.V.R. MURTY, Jt. Secy.
Note : The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, sub-section (i)
vide number G.S.R. 716(E), dated the 21st July, 2016 and amended vide notification number G.S.R. 1159(E)
dated the 20th December , 2016 and vide notification number G.S.R. 840 (E) dated 5th July, 2017 and vide
notification number G.S.R 29(E) dated 15th January,2019 and vide notification number G.S.R 351(E) dated
08th May, 2019.
Uploaded by Dte. of Printing at Government of India Press, Ring Road, Mayapuri, New Delhi-110064